SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-21-24, 10:58 AM   #2311
Doolar
Expert Shipsinker

Downloads: 360
Uploads: 0
Default Thank you

Thank you for your dedication and hard work on v5.9.
Old 05-21-24, 12:07 PM   #2312
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
Thank you for your dedication and hard work on v5.9.
Thanks to you all guys too, for your support

Fifi is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-24, 02:13 PM   #2313
Anvar1061
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 849

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentmauri89 View Post
I changed Mediafire for Dropbox, so I have to re-share the link for the interior mod (the previous one doesn't exist anymore).
Is dropbox fine for sharing files,here? I just saw mediafire links, that's why the question..
Various file hosting services are used here. Use any one you like
Old 05-22-24, 12:51 AM   #2314
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
This is the link to the full Interior mod - let me know if it works. It probably gonna say that the file is too big to load on the screen, but if you press download, it's gonna download it without problems.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/3vv0q...=nujjm18j&dl=0
… would be a good idea to start your own mod thread too… thanks Silentmauri89

Old 05-22-24, 07:25 PM   #2315
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 818

Hey Fifi...
Especially since it's not a mod....where are the credits be careful...lol
just put the work of toyotagt86 in NYGM... that's it... I've been using it for a long time... watch out for the Fps Fifi won't be happy I know his reaction with the interiors plus he is right in some ways... you have to know what you are doing... otherwise 'ctd' its mod and stable... it would be a shame to spoil such a beautiful work..
I just downloaded it with the drobox... a 'mess'... no direct links a really uncool misery...
mediafire much better...lol
FYI the “sound” part is useless as well as the “config” part
now why not group them all... 2&7&9...

Look, I'm a good player... here's mine... in a single file, nothing to tinker with...
direct links...
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n1fc2...M_U669.7z/file

I remind you that this mod is only a DIY assembly... made for personal purposes
very simple to make..... all credits are given to Toyotagt86...
I remind you that it works and goes a little below the radar I haven't seen many people playing it... discuss it... but a great job has been done in its enhanced mod, moreover the only stable mod with the interiors and the only one which has a hatch all open even on the Turm...

the work of others is not a mod... especially when you do nothing yourself...

Subsim has been particularly slow on the connection for the past 2 or 3 days..
Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-24, 12:47 AM   #2316
Fifi
Navy Seal

I do not (and will not) support any full interior mod for my NYGM, I’m sorry.
Even if it works at some instant, I know it will bring CTD at some other undesirable instant

Old 05-23-24, 01:32 AM   #2317
GrenSo
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 590
Uploads: 7

Full interior is just a nice to have and for SH3 not really important. The situation is different with SH5, where you actively move through the boat and therefore the appearance of the boat or the inferior plays a role. But less so in SH3.
In addition, full interior needs unnecessary resources, which negatively affect stability of the game.

“Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.” - J.F.K.
GrenSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-24, 05:22 AM   #2318
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Full interior is just a nice to have and for SH3 not really important. The situation is different with SH5, where you actively move through the boat and therefore the appearance of the boat or the inferior plays a role. But less so in SH3.
In addition, full interior needs unnecessary resources, which negatively affect stability of the game.
Fully agreed

I have a question to you all guys, even though nobody will answer me with a solution …
I would like that the crew ships announcement works also for friendly ships, so players have to close each ships to see if ennemy or friendly
Actually (and since the launch of SH3) players can cheat the game with ships announced or not announced (hence ennemy or friendly)
Any idea for a solution? Personally I don’t see any

Old 05-23-24, 05:29 AM   #2319
buksik
Seaman

Downloads: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifi View Post
Fully agreed

I have a question to you all guys, even though nobody will answer me with a solution …
I would like that the crew ships announcement works also for friendly ships, so players have to close each ships to see if ennemy or friendly
Actually (and since the launch of SH3) players can cheat the game with ships announced or not announced (hence ennemy or friendly)
Any idea for a solution? Personally I don’t see any

What are the differences in crew behavior when encountering friendly/neutral/enemy ships?
buksik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-24, 08:13 AM   #2320
Silentmauri89
Sailor man

Downloads: 217
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
Hey Fifi...
Especially since it's not a mod....where are the credits be careful...lol
just put the work of toyotagt86 in NYGM... that's it... I've been using it for a long time... watch out for the Fps Fifi won't be happy I know his reaction with the interiors plus he is right in some ways... you have to know what you are doing... otherwise 'ctd' its mod and stable... it would be a shame to spoil such a beautiful work..
I just downloaded it with the drobox... a 'mess'... no direct links a really uncool misery...
mediafire much better...lol
FYI the “sound” part is useless as well as the “config” part
now why not group them all... 2&7&9...

Look, I'm a good player... here's mine... in a single file, nothing to tinker with...
direct links...
https://www.mediafire.com/file/n1fc2...M_U669.7z/file

I remind you that this mod is only a DIY assembly... made for personal purposes
very simple to make..... all credits are given to Toyotagt86...
I remind you that it works and goes a little below the radar I haven't seen many people playing it... discuss it... but a great job has been done in its enhanced mod, moreover the only stable mod with the interiors and the only one which has a hatch all open even on the Turm...

the work of others is not a mod... especially when you do nothing yourself...

Subsim has been particularly slow on the connection for the past 2 or 3 days..
Hi. As I stated already, the credits were only for Toyotagt86, and FYI, I spoke with him, and asked him if I could share the files here.
Plus, I don't understand, I wrote about my "adaptation", many days ago, but nobody told me anything about it. It would have been nice to know this BEFORE reading a message complaining about credits, bad link, and useless files.
I repeat again, I stated that all the credits were for TOYOTAGT86, and my job was not the one of a professional modder - and I never claimed it to be mine... I really love this game, and I spend a lot of time trying to find a way to be helpful for the community - even if it is a simple testing to help modders to get their mod up and working, that is contributing to this fantastic game.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your adaptation, and please, if you see somebody proposing something that players don't need, just say it - we are here to help each other...otherwise it wouldn't be a community.

I will proceed to remove my adaptation,and carry on helping FIFI with his amazing mod as I can.

- All set, Sir!

Last edited by Silentmauri89; 05-23-24 at 09:14 AM.
Silentmauri89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-24, 10:20 AM   #2321
Fifi
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by buksik View Post
What are the differences in crew behavior when encountering friendly/neutral/enemy ships?
I don’t see what you really mean … crew is announcing « ship spotted » only when an ennemy ship appears on the horizon … nothing else when neutral or friendly (game just drop to TC1 or 8, depending your settings) but if no announcement you are 100% sure it’s not an ennemy

Old 05-23-24, 12:15 PM   #2322
buksik
Seaman

Downloads: 22

Quote:
I don’t see what you really mean … crew is announcing « ship spotted » only when an ennemy ship appears on the horizon … nothing else when neutral or friendly (game just drop to TC1 or 8, depending your settings) but if no announcement you are 100% sure it’s not an ennemy

I am asking because I remember receiving notification and when checked it was neutral ship so I don't know... maybe my bad.
buksik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-24, 12:26 PM   #2323
Fifi
Navy Seal

Next new NYGM ships (from Ccom12)

Old corvette, mainly viewable in Med, Caraibean and South Africa

Armed merchant (US & Brit)

Old 05-23-24, 01:43 PM   #2324
FalkeEins
Watch

Downloads: 28

Quote:

Really..?

Maybe my NYGM is broken or something but the crew always announces friendly planes, friendly ships, etc. with a generic "Contact 337" or whatever the bearing happens to be exactly the same as they do for enemies, neutrals and so on.

I've never had them not verbally announce a contact.
FalkeEins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-24, 03:05 PM   #2325
Kal_Maximus_U669
Sea Lord

Downloads: 818

Quote:
Hi. As I stated already, the credits were only for Toyotagt86, and FYI, I spoke with him, and asked him if I could share the files here.
Plus, I don't understand, I wrote about my "adaptation", many days ago, but nobody told me anything about it. It would have been nice to know this BEFORE reading a message complaining about credits, bad link, and useless files.
I repeat again, I stated that all the credits were for TOYOTAGT86, and my job was not the one of a professional modder - and I never claimed it to be mine... I really love this game, and I spend a lot of time trying to find a way to be helpful for the community - even if it is a simple testing to help modders to get their mod up and working, that is contributing to this fantastic game.

Anyway, thank you for sharing your adaptation, and please, if you see somebody proposing something that players don't need, just say it - we are here to help each other...otherwise it wouldn't be a community.

I will proceed to remove my adaptation,and carry on helping FIFI with his amazing mod as I can.
Very good no problem Silentmauri89..
Using direct links it will be much simpler for everyone here...you should have discussed the theme with designer Fifi...as I told you... Fifi doesn't even want to hear talking ...

if you want I have another mod that Fifi did on NYGM for the interiors contact me we will talk about it if you wish..

A simple reminder to use this internal mod can endanger your installation if your machine is not at the top.!!!.especially if you do not master what you are doing....
Fifi's work is a must here... For my part it's the best I've seen... try... and play... that... from its implementation... yes, its creator has it for me kindly made to try from the start while it was a personal work still under construction...
So... don't go damaging his work... which is by far the best of sh3... don't take that risk.. this mod is not essential... but it adds a slight more graphic touch... nothing in the gameplay...it risks making your experience unstable...and disappointing..lol
Kind regards, Kal Maximus U669
Kal_Maximus_U669 is online   Reply With Quote