SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-24-24, 07:40 AM   #406
Oubaas
Watch Officer

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Elon Musk's Neuralink chip will probably have the most gobsmacking VR that you ever imagined.

Unfortunately, I've promised myself to leave this world with only OEM original equipment installed, so I'll have to pass up the opportunity.

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-24, 08:26 AM   #407
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Be careful with cable fires in the pacemaker!
Old 05-24-24, 04:57 PM   #408
Skybird
Soaring

Just played it through. Again a piece of beauty, but EXTREMELY tricky, it brought me close to despair. I think I never played a round anywhere hitting so many strikes into the water. 108. Terrible result nowadays.

But boy, is it a beautiful course. But complex. Tricky. Really mean.
Old 05-25-24, 09:04 PM   #409
Skybird
Soaring

Old 05-30-24, 10:38 AM   #410
Skybird
Soaring

Pickleball Pro VR by the makers of Eleven Table Tennis has seen a series of updates recently that all came within short time. The title unfolds very, very nicely and right into the direction I hoped (and expected from the Eleven team), the physics have been tweaked and especially the AI in the latest updates - yes, there now is AI play in 1-1 and 2-2 implemented in the Early Access version - impresses me, it has claws and fangs and is capable to stage some impressively fast and aggressive exchanges over the net. The aI is the one weakness with the other Pickleball game there is, Pickleball One: it is too tame. Well, this game now promises to become an AI of a different league.

Miracle Pool, the MR-only superb new reference for VR pool, has gotten a release date, July 20th. The Early Access version got outstanding feedback and reviews so far, the price will be 14 or 15 coins, early buyers (like I am one since today) get an bonus, I paid 11 coins. There were a few updates in the past weeks, and I assumed already that they would release this summer.

I have no doubts that these two will instantly raise into the hall of fame of VR gaming.

I wrote a small feedback to the dev of Pickleball One and pointed at the too easy, too pacifistic AI, he said there would be an AI with more aggression soon, and then came a new AI indeed, but the changes were really minor only and led to ball exchanges in 2-2 were the human player got almost excluded by the three AI players. In 1-1 versus the AI, the AI works its job reliably, but it lacks those fangs and claws that reveal that it really is hungry and wants to eat the player. The pro: I can spot and therefore react better to the ball display (with a small comet tail) in Pickleball One, in Pickleball Pro VR I found it often hard to correctly identify the path of the ball when it headed in my direction and then assess the correct distance when striking, thus my strikes often miss the ball then. I am also sitll irritated by the strnage pohysics feel when the paddle hits the ball, it is totalyl, TOTALLY different then what I am used to and somehow expect in Tennis, Table Tennis and other Racketgames. Buzt it seems to be like this in real loife, since both Pickleball games there are illustrate similiar ball physics, quite comparable they are. So I think that is not just coincidence (I never had opportunity to strike some Pickleballs with a real Pickleball paddle, so I have no comparison).