View Single Post
Old 03-11-16, 11:14 AM   #11
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege00 View Post
Plate XIV is the process that I've been using with the attack disk, based on one of the Angriffsscheibe Handbuch methods. It uses the same formula as plate XIV. The method that Destross wrote about below eliminates the denominator from the formula (for the first method at least - sin(AoB). Don't know if it considers the sin(AoB) negligible as it approaches 1 @ 90°. I love the maths, but don't know how formula from the plate would work and formula from Ausdampfverfahren.

I haven't started looking at the 2nd method (Auswanderungsverfahren) yet.

Do you have charts for those Sjizzle?
Oh the 2nd method is where the real fun is! I've found the 2nd method to be much more useful in practice as it allows for more freedom of movement/less rigidity prior to firing.

Once you get good at spinning that slide wheel the calc for speed is so quick it almost feels as easy as plinking tin cans with a BB gun.

You are correct - these methods used a proxy AOB of 90 for simplicity's sake and take advantage of the fact that sin(90)=1.

Sjizzle, your charts are amazing! I make use of them frequently. Hopefully we're not close to the limit of 50!

Last edited by derstosstrupp; 03-11-16 at 11:22 AM.
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote