View Single Post
Old 05-01-23, 04:39 PM   #1085
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
@VonDos : Just in case, did you see this message : https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=1079 ?

Else, very nice work, and congratulations to Flushdeck for these beautiful skins ! They are pieces of art.
Thank you so much for your words!
Yep, i read. As said, this will require some study, whatever is the best way to do it. I know your way is correct, and i guess JapLance's one is correct too (this is the one i used in the past, as said, for other uses.
At moment i'm a little busy with new models, but, again, i'm not ruling out this feature for the future

\\ You still have to place the turret's texture into the ship's texture \\ <- note, this new turret's texture should be placed on the same place for every ship sharing the same gun, in order to have a correct uvmap into library compatible with every ship textures. And in some ship textures, like for battleships, between main and secondary guns, there could be 3 or 4 turret's textures who need to be placed, in different tga places, who need to be shared for every ship who used the same guns, with every ship having different uvmaps and textures done in the past. All without lose too much resolution for turret's textures. The choice is between this and rebuilt al the dats\sim\zon adding all the guns info\sim data\zon data who should be copied from actual library for every gun to add into dat, and all guns and all turret's textures into ship's textures. With 35\40 warships built only in last 3 years, and up to a dozen of ship textures for some warships, all of them who will need to be reworked in every case, this will be an hell of work, who will realistically stop the model production for months, maybe years. The textures question will be only the top of the iceberg, and keep in mind also the memory use in a 32bit limited game and the increased number of IDs into data (guns, barrels, 3d models..) to verify in order to avoid CTD, if we choose your method. Oh yes
But, maybe, someone could be interested in help us, having all released guns and ships models and textures ready.

Would anyone volunteer?

Well, sorry for the long message, it's just to be clear with my ideas...
Best regards,
Vd

Ps: I totally agree! Every texture flush deck create for us is a really masterpiece =) I'm glad and thankful for all the work he do for those models =)

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508

Last edited by VonDos; 05-01-23 at 05:21 PM.
VonDos is online   Reply With Quote