Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 01-06-19, 10:31 PM   #7062
Trustworthy
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Cross-posting this from the TMO thread; just encountered the same issue in FOTRS

I recently encountered a frustrating little bug in TMO, where anytime a crew member got promoted in the field, his original face would be swapped for another (always the same red-headed guy).

This means that as I play my first few patrols of a campaign, my crew slowly shifts from a diverse, flavorful bunch of sea dogs to a boat full of creepy twins. It's a real immersion-killer.

I got so annoyed by the issue in TMO that I finally decided to give FOTRS a try (love it so far, btw!). But tonight, as my first bunch of watchmen started to level up, I found the same thing happening.

This is on a 100% fresh install, with no mods other than FOTRS installed.

The copied post below has a little more info, mostly from another player who encountered the bug in TMO years ago. I'm very curious if this issue happens to everyone, and people just don't notice, or if we're just a couple of the unlucky ones. In either case, I'd really love to find a solution. I tend to get attached to my crew members in these types of simulators, and it's a bit disconcerting to watch them all get body-snatched.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Missing heads? Haven't had that problem.

My problem is that my boat is crewed by a whole bunch of identical twins...

I would kinda like to see someone else on the boat once in a while.

Anybody have any input on what I could do to fix this?
I know it's been eight-ish years or so since this original bug report, but I'm nonetheless curious... Did anyone ever have any luck fixing this issue? I recently got back into SHIV, and I'm absolutely loving TMO, but this silly face bug is really gumming up my immersion.

I was doing a little testing, and found some potentially useful information about the problem... The face replacement seems to happen whenever a crewman is promoted in the field. During missions, I've seen seamen with their correct/original/diverse faces hit the level up mark (going from, say, 3rd class to 2nd class) and immediately transform into Mr. Redhead Goatee Clone Man. It's no wonder that people end up with boats full of this guy; they're slowly popping in and bodysnatching crew members in a way that most captains wouldn't notice until it's too late.

I don't have any SH modding experience (beyond tweaking a .txt file here and there), but I'd love some assistance in making this problem go away.

Thanks, and happy new year, all!
Trustworthy is offline   Reply With Quote