View Single Post
Old 11-24-17, 06:05 PM   #69
ACR
Seaman

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed150mph View Post
Jive turkey, one of the guys I'm subscribed to on YouTube, is a retired us navy sonar tech.

He just released this video of him analyzing the sonar graphs of the event that occurred after last contact. He seems to believe that some type of explosion or hull failure occurred, followed a minute later by a full emergancy blow, and possibly the sound of it settling on the bottom.

Link to video

thank you very much for the link, i looked at it and learned some details .

however , out of speculation of course , i have another scenario what the three sounds are .

i think they had a battery failure / fire but inutially surfaced and were able to report it ( last contact and irders to return to base ). they fought with a blackout and the need to ventilate the boat , secure the batteries - in very bad weather and high seas. they might in this conditions start to take water (maybe no pumps due to electric problems but need to ventilate the battery fumes) and after about three hours (time between last contact and the recorded sounds ) the boat lost boyancy and started to go down but with an still intact hull and still some air inside . after reaching crush depth the first and most violent sound is the implosion of the hull followed by silence for 80 seconds until the second less noisier sound . thats when the crushed hull hits the bottom and settles down ( and not the sound of sn emergency blow ) . the third , vanishing sound is the settling of the last parts of debris on the bottom and then silence again .

the estimated crush depth is due to my estimate about 450 meters , the sinking of the crushed hull ? - no idea - 10 m/second ? if the hull crushed at 450 meters and further travelled for 80 seconds with 10 m/s the wreckage is at about 1250 meters water depth . that would mean they are at a deep spot an the edge of the continental shelf .

i hope i,m wrong and pray for a miracle and the sailors return !

best regards
ACR is offline   Reply With Quote