View Single Post
Old 10-13-11, 10:47 AM   #16
renogaza
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
well, i have a new problem, i just checked some of the new information about the yamato's guns
(finding the latest researches by japan on it was really hard ._.) and as it turns out i made a BIG
mistake with the guns breach door hatch and recoil mechanism so ill have to try to re-do it again,
also i found a video of beautiful papercraft model of the same ship with very fine details of some
of the parts of the ship so i'll ask the video uploader if i could use his model as a map for more
updates on my ship,

heres the url link to the video, its on youtube :P

i also found some surviving documents about some of the ships interior but its in japanese so i
cant figure out the rooms dimensions and purpose and such, a friend from japan is helping me
figure it out but hes also having a bit of trouble because of the age of the documents, i also
found imitation documents by a survivor of the ship, he had measured and accurately drawn a
blueprint for every floor of the ship except for the captains quarters, plane stowage, crows
nest, fcs interiors, bridge interiors, chimney stack interiors and main gun interiors, but its a great
start for my later project, so yeah. again more visual aids like video's, photographs, diagrams,
books and blueprints will help me so much, i would appreciate any donations(NOT MONEY) to help
finish this project, thanks again for everything

offtopic: I'm actually a bit worried my model wont integrate properly with my later project to
convert the yamato class into its aircraft carrier counterpart, i actually have the carrier's
template done already but since it doesnt have interiors yet i can only hope and speculate
as to if it'll work out later on or not, wish me luck xD

Last edited by renogaza; 10-13-11 at 10:51 AM. Reason: forgot to paste the link lol, sry xD (10/13/2011 11:48pm local time 8:00+ GMT)
renogaza is offline   Reply With Quote