View Single Post
Old 08-19-09, 11:46 AM   #178
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Hey mak, the page didn't update. As for the hydro lines, if I can't find the perfect solution, I will not include it anyway. The drawback of the current solution is that the single ship convoys are replaced with empty tga files so you won't see reports of single ships anymore. The convoy details (type, course, speed) also need to go just in case people start clicking everywhere on the map. And of course, as soon as you raise your scope, the lines go away .

As for the SH4 interface, I've already created all the necessary dials in the periscope screen. Sh4 has a hard-coded check for the itemId's (it's how the game differentiates the US interface from the German one) so it's no longer possible to move objects from one page to another. If you remember, it was possible to move the notepad pages from the obs scope screen to the AP screen. No more... Also, the commands.cfg file is useless for asigning commands to graphic objects. So it took a lot of head scratching to get around that. The open/close torpedo tubes and the toggle TDC autoupdate button will now be on the bottom bar, in the periscope page. Resolution and aspect ratio scaling is controled by the Zone line. As long as all the items are parented to menu groups glued to the sides of the screen, it works great. The draging effect of the small handles is also hardcoded to the width of those menu pages. Now if only I can decide on a final position for them and start doing the whole thing in 3d in maya, I'd be done in about a week or so . I have tools for both item renumbering and zone line editing (long live the VBA macros for MS Office) so adding things in the menu.ini file just takes seconds.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote