SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] SteelViking's Interior Mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171415)

TheBeast 07-18-10 06:16 PM

I will check it out:shucks:

reaper7 07-18-10 06:24 PM

Look forward to looking in all the corners of the sub :D.

reaper7 07-20-10 04:57 PM

Sorry SteelViking for double post. (But thread deserves a Bump :))
Just wanted to confirm that Test mod V1.1 installed and is working with no unwanted issues to report of :woot:.

Guy's the interior of the sub is looking and working great. I love all the working dials, found myself looking in every corner to see what else was working. Also on that note the clocks showing both hands is worth the download alone :yeah:.
Shadows are causing no issues on my rig and look great. :up:
Just noticed something on the compass dials, the outer part of the dial (The 0-9) rotates when changing direction as in 1/10 degrees.
Never knew that was the way it was meant to work. Will have to do the same for my compass in the UI mod to match :D (My Current 0-9 dial is static).

Excellent work SteelViking and BigReg :yeah::yeah::yeah:.

SteelViking 07-20-10 05:10 PM

Thanks reaper7, glad you like it.:up:

I have just a couple of things that I am touching up on advice from some other folks who tested it for me. However, BIGREG still has some stuff that he wants to nail down, so I might wait for him to finalize that stuff before release.

rascal101 07-20-10 05:46 PM

Looking forward to 1.1 - in the meantime do you think it might be possible to mod in the following

Additional crewmembers in blank space around the boat.

Additional hanging foodstuffs, bread, hams salamis etc and boxes fruit and bits and bobs.

Lower the bunks in forward torpedo room and put more crewmen in there to make it more lifelike and less like an indoor football stadium - I dont think I've ever bothered to watch they guys load the torpedows since the first time, but always wonder at this huge empty space when playing

Raising direction finding loop

Are any of these things planned or even possible

Regards to all subsimmers

Rascal

SteelViking 07-20-10 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rascal101 (Post 1449384)
Looking forward to 1.1 - in the meantime do you think it might be possible to mod in the following

Additional crewmembers in blank space around the boat.

Additional hanging foodstuffs, bread, hams salamis etc and boxes fruit and bits and bobs.

Lower the bunks in forward torpedo room and put more crewmen in there to make it more lifelike and less like an indoor football stadium - I dont think I've ever bothered to watch they guys load the torpedows since the first time, but always wonder at this huge empty space when playing

Raising direction finding loop

Are any of these things planned or even possible

Regards to all subsimmers

Rascal

Sadly, all those things are pretty difficult to do, however, most of them are possible.

- As far as I know there is no way to add more crew members, because there are simply not enough way points available for them.

- I have talked to TDW about adding more objects such as food to the interior. He says it possible with Hex Editing, but as you know TDW has a lot of things of his own to take care of. However, privateer is currently working on the tools to do stuff like this, so an easier solution is on its way.

- I am not sure if we can lower the bunks, as that is probably dictated only by the GR2 files and not by the .sim or .prt files.

- If you are talking about the radio loop antenna on the conning tower. I believe that The Beast was able to get it functioning, but he has yet to release it as a mod as far as I know.

So in other words, we can do a lot of stuff, but it is going to take time. And, when it comes to the stuff that I am saying we can't do right now, that may change. Heck, a lot of the stuff that me and BIGREG have done in v1.1 of this mod I did not think was possible when I first released v1.0.

Sudo 07-20-10 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelViking (Post 1449407)
Heck, a lot of the stuff that me and BIGREG have done in v1.1 of this mod I did not think was possible when I first released v1.0.

Which is why you are the man.... :yeah: Awesome job! :woot:

Now, let's get this mod released so I can start playing again. :03:

TheBeast 07-20-10 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelViking (Post 1449407)
- If you are talking about the radio loop antenna on the conning tower. I believe that The Beast was able to get it functioning, but he has yet to release it as a mod as far as I know.

I didn't post a MOD for this as BIGREG told me how to do it. I did post info on how to do it in the Equipment and Upgrade Packs thread I started.

SteelViking 07-20-10 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1449490)
I didn't post a MOD for this as BIGREG told me how to do it. I did post info on how to do it in the Equipment and Upgrade Packs thread I started.

Yeah, after I posted about that, I went and looked. Is there a way to get it to retract upon submerging(if not I am sure we could set it to be not visible under water as a work around).

TheBeast 07-20-10 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelViking (Post 1449502)
Yeah, after I posted about that, I went and looked. Is there a way to get it to retract upon submerging(if not I am sure we could set it to be not visible under water as a work around).

Yes, it does retract when you dive. You can do the same for the Radio Rod Antenna and flip the numbers so the Rod Antenna is lowered when surfaced and raise when submerged.

P.S. The Rod Antenna usually raised a little higher then the ObsScope but I do not recommend extending it that high using this method as you can not lower it when submerged. Both Antenna do have damage zones. If you extend the ROD antenna to high you will end up hitting something with it damaging it and the conning tower. I learned this the hard way.:O:

SteelViking 07-21-10 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1449503)
Yes, it does retract when you dive. You can do the same for the Radio Rod Antenna and flip the numbers so the Rod Antenna is lowered when surfaced and raise when submerged.

P.S. The Rod Antenna usually raised a little higher then the ObsScope but I do not recommend extending it that high using this method as you can not lower it when submerged. Both Antenna do have damage zones. If you extend the ROD antenna to high you will end up hitting something with it damaging it and the conning tower. I learned this the hard way.:O:

Cool, we should get BIGREG to release a mod for this then. I could do it myself easy enough, but I think this needs to be available to everyone.

By the way, I finished implementing the changes you and some other testers suggested for the interior mod, so it is looking even better now.

TheBeast 07-21-10 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelViking (Post 1449509)
Cool, we should get BIGREG to release a mod for this then. I could do it myself easy enough, but I think this needs to be available to everyone.

By the way, I finished implementing the changes you and some other testers suggested for the interior mod, so it is looking even better now.

Yes, I agree. Thought about doing it but it isn't my MOD. I just translated it from French to English using Google.:ping:

When do you plan on posting the new changes?:06:

SteelViking 07-21-10 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeast (Post 1449526)
Yes, I agree. Thought about doing it but it isn't my MOD. I just translated it from French to English using Google.:ping:

When do you plan on posting the new changes?:06:

Well, BIGREG is still working on some stuff, and I don't really want to release before he is done, or else I will just end up releasing multiple times for no reason. No worries, I will keep working on things while I wait. There is always room to improve.

TheBeast 07-21-10 09:10 AM

I posted updated information on HOW TO raise/lower the Round DF Radio Antenna and the Rod Radio Antenne located on the Conning Towers.

SteelViking 07-27-10 10:37 PM

I just wanted to let everyone know that this mod is not dead. I am still working on a few things for it, and BIGREG still has some stuff to finish that he is going to contribute to it.